SSC-Strategic Steering Committee Chart is the NOVAREGIO project main coordinating body, in charge of:
- steering and evaluating the project activities
- highlighting achieved results
- solving problems and inconveniences
The SSC delegates were assigned by each partner according to the criteria agreed during the kick off meeting held in Trieste on 29th January 2006. As a consequence the delegates came from:
- Partners Organizations (as regional key stakeholder for the diffusion of innovation);
- Regional Administrations (as regional innovation policy makers)
- International Organisations & Networks (as disseminators of project results).
For the time being, the SSC chart composition consists of 12 delegates, but in the future the idea is to invite, as permanent members, at least 2 representatives from the CEI and the CPMR organisations as well as other European key stakeholders for innovation policy at regional level.
The SSC operation will be ruled by a Commitment Agreement approved by all active members during the first SSC meeting which held in Heraklion (Crete-Greece) on 16th May 2006.